Let’s Meet at CEATEC 2019!!
From real estate to retail to senior care, we can work with businesses in all industries to develop solutions to society’s problems!
Yukai Engineering will return to Makuhari Messe (Chiba, Japan) from Oct. 15-18 for CEATEC 2019 to showcase our latest technology!! With the theme, “Creating wonders with the power of design and technology,” our exhibition this year will shine spotlights on the products and services that we collaboratively developed with various companies in a wide range of fields and industries. We hope this will provide all our prospective partners out there with insight as to how we could work with them to create solutions to society’s problems.
WHAT: Yukai Engineering Exhibition at CEATEC 2019
WHEN: Oct. 15-18, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
WHERE: Booth #G007, Hall 2, Device & Technology Area, Makuhari Messe
Real Estate Robotics Senior Living
Creating wonders with the power of design and technology
At Yukai, we don’t just create products; we work to build a “Yukai-na” (“enjoyable” in Japanese) future through our innovations. Our products and services are intended to enable people to experience new perspectives and lifestyles. We use our expertise in product design, as well as sensor, communications and voice recognition technologies, to make people’s lives easier and more fun. Our access to a global network of businesses, including suppliers, has been the key to success in our partnership projects.
(* In Yukai’s definition, the word, “robotics,” does not mean robots themselves; it means the components of a robot, such as sensors, motors, communication technology, software, apps, design and UX.
At CEATEC 2019, we will showcase our partnership projects, including the following:
Real Estate x Robotics (Partner: C’s Link)
Solutions for multifamily building management:
- Illegal dumping prevention: Smart locks for dumpsters that can automatically unlock themselves during pickup times.
- Illegal parking prevention: Smart gates that can be controlled from a mobile app. Can also be connected to management companies’ databases.
- Robotic property manager: Robots that can serve as property managers. Able to speak multiple languages to assist residents who do not speak the local language.
Retail x Robotics (Partner: S-cubisum Inc.)
Making shopping more convenient
- Making self-checkout more user-friendlier and fun: Use of Vtuber (virtual characters) to provide customer services via a digital signage. Ability to automatically customize messages for each shopper, based on how frequently the person visits the store, etc.
- Automatic shopping reminders: Robotic assistants that suggest and remind people about items to restock, based on their shopping histories.
Education x Robotics (Partner: NHK Enterprise)
- Programming workshops to get kids excited about coding
Robot making kit for endless creativity: Our own robot making kit, “Yukai-na Creature Robot Kit” (Oct. 1 market release), developed for NHK Enterprise’s first-ever robotics competition for elementary students. Children can use their imaginations to create an infinite number of robots. Yukai also organizes workshops to assist and support our retail partners with their marketing and presentation of programming seminars.
Senior Living x Robotics
Improving the quality of life for seniors
- Communication robots: Use of communication robots that use AI to automatically detect senior users’ voices and analyze them to understand the status of their cognitive well-being. The information is accessible to family members, enabling them to remotely take care of the seniors. Communications with the robots also help seniors stay mentally sharp. (Partners: Nippontect Systems; BCC)
- Assistance for Senior Care Call Center Staff: Robots provide support to senior care organizations’ call center staff by suggesting appropriate conversations to be had with each senior based on the person’s needs. (Partner: Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International)
- Qoobo, a therapeutic robotic pillow: Use of Qoobo, a robotic pet alternative, to provide comfort to seniors in the way animals do.
Please visit the following webpages for more details about our partnership projects:
Product Development: https://www.ux-xu.com/prototype-en
Business Development: https://www.ux-xu.com/service-en